Our blog post about rubs and marinades for summer grilling inspired us to seek out other great ideas for summertime dinners. We found this great recipe by Renee of Singing With Birds. We love the festive presentation, and it lets you make great use of fruits and vegetables that are in season right now.
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 pork tenderloins (2 1/4 to 2 1/2 pounds total)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
1 tablespoon Tabasco
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
3 navel oranges
5 ounces baby spinach, trimmed (6 cups leaves)
4 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage (from 1 medium head)
1 red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into thin strips
1/2 cup raisins
2 firm-ripe avocados
How to Make It:
1. Prepare pork: Preheat grill. Stir together salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and cinnamon, then coat pork with spice rub.
2. Make glaze and grill pork: Stir together brown sugar, garlic, and Tabasco. Grill tenderloin about 10-15 minutes on each side, brushing with sauce in the last 5 minutes. Watch it carefully, using an instant read thermometer, remove from the grill when the tenderloin registers 140°F. Cover the grilled pork and let it rest while you toss and compose the salad.
3. Make vinaigrette: Whisk together juices, mustard, curry powder, salt, and pepper, then add oil in a stream, whisking until emulsified. Let flavors combine and chill for at least 2 hours.
4. Prepare salad ingredients: Cut peel, including white pith, from oranges with a sharp knife, then cut oranges crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Toss spinach, cabbage, bell pepper, and raisins in a large bowl with about 1/4 cup vinaigrette. Halve, pit, and peel avocados, then cut diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
5. Assemble salad: Cut pork at a 45-degree angle into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Line a large platter with dressed salad and arrange sliced pork, oranges, and avocados in rows on top. Drizzle some vinaigrette over avocados and oranges, and glaze over the pork. Serves 6-8.
Do you have a recipe you'd like to share with others via our website? Let us know!